(Last Updated February 8, 2010)
1. The Affero Project respects the privacy of all who visit our web site, will not rent or sell your personal information to third parties.
2. The Affero Project collects only that information that you voluntarily provide on our forms. Where visitors do provide such information we will only use it for the purpose of this campaign, and will only reveal contact information or use quotations in a public context only after having obtained specific permission.
3. The Affero Project does track various site statistics and retains aggregate data that may be used or displayed on the site. We never look at the specific usage of our website by identifiable individuals. We retain the right to record and display anonymous geographical, demographic and giving statistics where appropriate.
4. Donors who join the program, give by credit card and visitors that send us contact information are added to our general distribution mailing list and may be sent monthly or periodic updates about the work of Affero and reminders to vote each month. All our members may opt-out of this at any time.
5. Transactional Security: The personal information collected when you make a contribution or purchase items by credit card is kept for the purposes of tracking your order and to provide a receipt of the transaction. This information is stored on an encrypted, secure server managed by a third-party commercial credit card processing institution.
6. By entering your credit/debit card information in your Affero Project profile on our website, or on an Affero Project signup form at a concert or event, you are authorizing The Affero Project to automatically withdraw your sponsorship amount from your credit/debit card account on the first of every month. Charging your card online saves us the expense of processing payments through the mail and allows more funds to be given.
7. The Affero Project is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites that may be linked to/from this site.
8. The Affero Project retains the right to cancel and/or delete a profile at any time for misuse of the website, profile or tampering with the community functions. This can be done at Affero’s discretion and without prior warning. In the case a profile is cancelled, all recurring payments attached to that account will be also immediately be cancelled.